Friday, January 21, 2011

what would you do?

a big "thank you" to people who left comments on my last post.  i was very depressed when i wrote it.  not because of what the in-law said, but because my husband didn't understand me - not only didn't he say anything to make me feel better after the event, he cold-wared me because according to him, i shouldn't talk back when his mother was yelling at me and calling me names (rat, whore etc...)

i'm curious though, what would you do when your in-law yell at you and call you names?  and when she's doing it non-stop, keeps on going on and on when you try to stay calm.

3 comments:

  1. Lucy, I'm so sorry you had to endure that. WTF? Why was she calling you those names?! In my opinion, your hubbie should have backed your a** up! You are his wife.
    Unfortunately I cannot give you any advice or feedback as I don't have a MIL here to drive me nuts. Plus, I didn't grow up in a traditional, Chinese ohana. My grandmother who lives upstairs does drive me nuts sometimes and she talks hella crap behind everyone's back. I'm the only one who talks back to her and she knows it.
    I can only send you a *hug* and if you need to vent, e-mail or message me okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk away, cool down and let someone tell her that's not right. Respect is both sides, this is not a kidding or making fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kekumukula Thank you, Thank you! I said that because I'm not working now, but staying at home. She thinks her son works very hard, while I'm just using his hard-earned money. Oh, and she mentioned that I should hand-wash his socks, but instead I was too lazy and only used the machine.

    ReplyDelete