Saturday, September 8, 2012

no empty promises from mom

alan cried so badly last night, and this morning, he told me it was because he was scared that i would leave him.

dear baby alan, i wanted so much to tell you that i would never leave you, but i couldn't.  i couldn't give you empty promises that i was unable to fulfil.

you will grow up and leave me to lead your own life, and mom will one day leave you in this world to pass to the one beyond.

but please always know this, my baby, that my love will always be with you.

2 comments:

  1. I can very well relate to this...my little girlie also cried yesterday because she does not want me to grow old and have lines on my face and leave her later because then she will be all alone.She wants to stay with me forever even after getting married:) God bless them all.

    Anshu
    http://www.anshuahuja.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy - This is so sweet and true and takes me back to my feelings when my children (now grown) were little.

    ReplyDelete